The Apple iPod Touch, known as iPod Touch, is a portable media player device which also has wireless internet connectivity, personal digital assistant function and can be used to store and play game apps. The iPod Touch is best known for its multi-touch screen capabilities which were not inherent to the predecessors of the iPod Touch. In addition, the iPod Touch can access the iTunes Store and the App Store through its WiFi features. The first iPod Touch model was introduced on September 2007. The most current model in iPod Touch is the 5th Gen iPod Touch which was released in September 2012.
The iPod Touch runs on iOS the same as the iPhone but users have to pay for the update of their operating systems. Other than the iOS, the iPod Touch is constantly compared to the Apple iPhone mainly because of its similar features and the disabled functions which are not present in the iPod Touch. The older iPod Touch models lack speakers, microphones and cameras, but the more recent ones starting from the iPod Touch 4th gen runs on a 5-megapixel iSight camera. The cellular phone features of the iPhone and the phone apps are also absent in the iPod Touch.
iPod Touch is compatible with the latter versions of the iTunes starting from iTunes 10. The iPod Touch can be connected to a Mac OS 10.5 or higher or to a PC with an operating system of Windows XP Home or higher through the use of a USB port. The iPod Touch runs on a lithium-ion battery and provides a running time of around 40 hours for audio playbacks.
• Apple iPod Touch runs on Apple’s iOS and is considered to be the most affordable device with this specification.
• Newer models of the iPod Touch are equipped with microphone, speakers, and camera/ camcording capabilities.
• Lighter than the iPhone.
• Hardware specifications are similar to iPhone.
• Features a multi-touch IPS capability which is the first among all lines of iPod products.
• Wireless connectivity allows access to iTunes Store and Apple’s App Store.
• Latest models of the iPod Touch are equipped with advanced features which allow access to third party applications
• iPod Touch maintains the high quality of audio and video.
• The iPod Touch is a great gaming console because of its wide screen display and multi touch features.
• Newer iPod Touch models are equipped with more attractive physical qualities, such as its vibrant colors and thinness of the newest models.
• Battery life slows down fast when WiFi is used.
• Older models don’t have speakers, microphone and camera functions.
• Older models have low storage capacity.
• Photo and camcording qualities still can’t match the iPhone.
The iPod Touch is still a relevant portable media device even when the iPhone and the iPad are constantly prevailing in the Apple market. Fans of the iPod Touch will undeniably appreciate the newest model from the line. The great thing about the iPod Touch is that it has the relevant features which are also found from the iPhone, except for the cellular phone functions. The newer models are also thinner and more mobile but didn’t sacrifice the quality of the battery life.